Monday, December 2, 2013

Preparing for winter nesting - a reading list

The view from my burrow on the couch

As the weather turns chilly here in the Mid-Atlantic, a crackling fire calls me to slow down, curl up and settle in to read a good book or two.  As a huge fan of secondhand bookstores, I spent some of my Thanksgiving vacation combing through a few to stock up for winter nesting. (You can read more about how my vacation adventures led me to do some mindful reflection here.)  I love nothing more than to get lost among the bookshelves - a place where I never fail to effortlessly become lost in the moment.

I have a nice stack of books to explore, and although some have been out for awhile, you may have missed them the first time around as I did.  Here is what my late fall season into winter reading looks like at the moment:
I'm really looking forward to burrowing under the covers and diving into this material.  I'm sure the list isn't complete and I'll be adding more soon.

What's on your reading list?  Share your list in the comment section below.


Find out more about us
Explore our library of resources
Join us for workshops and events
Like us on Facebook




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for these! I love reading at night; we live on our sailboat, have a new propane furnace, so its kind of like reading next to a fireplace. Ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Reading on a rocking boat would be delicious as well :o) Let us know if you come across any good reads to add to my stack.

      Delete
  2. I love your suggestions. I made the mistake of checking out "The Best of James Herriot," probably a contender for most gentle, comforting book. I love cozy reads and am enjoying it very much. So what's the problem?
    It's 537 pages!
    I'll add your suggestions to my "To Read" list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like you're in for some serious nesting with that selection! But one can never have too much of your favorites around and ready for the odd spare moment of downtime.

      Delete
  3. A book on quilting. I kid you not Melinda. Friends bookshelves are the VERY best library huh? :-))

    ReplyDelete